Colorado Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified land survey project manager to work in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
Professional Land Surveyor/Crew Chief
Baseline Engineering Corporation – Colorado springs, CO
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with responsibility for technical performance on small projects or designated tasks on large projects. Work requires application of standard surveying techniques and procedures, professional judgment to make modifications or execute complex features or solutions.
The successful candidate may be asked to review bid/proposal requests, estimate task durations for budgeting purposes, complete research, quality check the work of others, and stamp survey plats as appropriate. S/he is also expected to provide assistance where possible in troubleshooting equipment issues, mentoring junior employees, and assisting with crew field work or CAD work.
The ability and knowledge to accurately and efficiently perform the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Utility Construction Staking
- Topographical Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
Proficient operation of AutoCad Civil3D 2018.
Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering plans accurately.
Maintain Baseline standards in survey notes, point descriptions, and calculations.
- Maintain billable time at 75% or above.
- Manage deliverable deadlines to ensure that a quality product is delivered on time.
- Share knowledge with employees – train on TBC, data processing, drafting standards, etc.
- Prepare or direct preparation of client deliverables, ensure QA/QC process has been completed prior to deliverable going to the next level.
- Maintain high level of standard in survey work orders, control/datum setup.
- Hold existing clients in high regard and be ready to assist in finding solutions.
- After introductory period, grow to be able to gauge relative level of effort for projects, evaluate efficiency of field/office practices, and develop tools and practices for more efficient field/office work.
- Perform survey research, be able to read and write legal descriptions.
- Understand state and local survey rules and standards.
- Make surveying decisions, document rational for training/back up purposes.
- Learn and perform research and other job-related tasks.
- Active Colorado PLS license.
- Five years of field work experience.
- Three years of CAD experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities.
- Post-secondary training in CAD programs is a plus.
- General experience dealing directly with clients and managing projects is the plus.
- Proficient with field equipment and standard field procedures is a plus.
- Proficient operation of Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station, including Trimble Field Software is a plus.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a field truck and occasionally operate a rugged off terrain vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.