Job Opening in Loveland or Golden, CO
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified survey crew chief to work in our Loveland, CO office.
Position Title: Survey Crew Chief
Reports To: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Loveland or Golden, CO
General Summary: Survey Crew Chiefs are responsible for overseeing a team in the field while collecting and recording
data, making sketches, and ensuring the safety of their team. They will lead a survey crew and maintain/operate all
instruments and measuring devices needed to complete various types of survey work assignments.
• Directs, manages and participates in the field production of topographic and boundary surveys as well as other
• Maintain and operate GPS and conventional surveying instruments.
• Write and organize field notes.
• Read construction plans to ensure accurate area to be surveyed.
• Execute field staking and perform general surveying on projects.
• Works directly with clients and outside project participants on projects as directed.
• Operates company vehicles to transport team.
- The ability and knowledge to accurately and efficiently perform the following survey tasks including, but not
- Well Connect Pipeline Surveys
- Well Head Staking
- Pipeline Route Staking and As-built Surveys
- Construction Staking
- Topographical Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Proficient operation of Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station, to include Trimble Field Software.
- Proficient operation of Auto and Digital Level equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering plans accurately.
- Perform field calculations to determine horizontal and vertical locations for needed data points.
Field Survey Crew Coordination
• Direct and supervise work of subordinate members of surveying parties.
• Be able to gauge relative level of effort for projects, evaluate efficiency of field practices, and develop tools and
practices for more efficient field work.
• Maintain: survey equipment, vehicles, batteries, and consumables inventory in storage and in vehicle.
• General survey knowledge related to public works, regional water pipeline systems & land development projects.
• Highly motivated with effective communication skills
• Ability to lead, manage, train, and mentor others
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and flexibility
• Good math skills
• Strong organizational skills
Education or Formal Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 2-year technical degree from accredited engineering/surveying curriculum preferred.
If required to work in the field, work is regularly performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold
or inclement weather.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in
person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field
and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral
communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and
mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly
detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers,
inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing
up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or
equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or
run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a field truck and occasionally operate a
rugged off terrain vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified, protected veterans.