Position Title: Senior Planner
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Division: Planning Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: Senior planners work with clients in the private land development sector, energy sector and clients that are municipal state agencies that need assistance reviewing land development applications. They provide services related to land entitlements, representation and coordination of projects and land development work.
Daily responsibilities including preparing and managing:
- Project management, researching code issues, site planning, writing reports and preparing community plans and regulations.
- Pre-Application cases
- Rezoning applications
- Landscape Plans
- Site Plan Documents
- Special Use Permit Applications
- Entitlement documents
Other responsibilities include:
- AutoCAD, InDesign, & SketchUp abilities
- Preparing presentations for land use applications
- Code and regulation research
- Energy regulations
- Memos, letters, reports and preparation of plans, graphics, and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to assist the Director with managerial tasks and mentoring all staff.
- Uses critical thinking to effectively solve problems.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
- Demonstrates considerable understanding of land use codes and implementation of such
- Must be computer proficient in Outlook, Excel and MS Word.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or Geography or related degree; MA and/or AICP or ASLA is preferred.
- Eight years direct planning experience desired.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.