Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified project engineer to work in our Denver, CO office.
Position Title: Project Manager/Senior Project Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO
General Summary: This position is a blend of project manager and senior project engineer. project managers are mid-level professionals who plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The project manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Senior project engineers are responsible for the technical design and engineering required to complete projects within the scope, schedule, and budget. This position will work on projects out of any of the Baseline office locations.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during the project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Perform technical and administrative tasks to complete a project.
- Maintain client relationships and develop and act on project leads.
- Perform design functions on complex projects that require advanced levels of engineering knowledge and experience.
- Adhere to company QA/QC processes.
- Conduct QA/QC review of project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with other project team members to coordinate and direct the efficient completion of projects.
- Oversee the work of other project team members to efficiently complete projects.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, aspiring project managers, and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Occasional travel to other Baseline office locations.
- Conduct field observation to ensure construction adheres to design documents..
- Experience with AutoCAD and applicable project management software.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Education or Formal Training:
- Requires a university degree or college diploma in Civil Engineering
- PE required
- Work experience should include at least 10 years in project management or as a project engineer
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Regularly drive a field truck/vehicle and occasionally operate a rugged off terrain vehicle. Exposure to normal and standard construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field observations.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.