Golden, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, or Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager – Steamboat Springs
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Golden, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, or Steamboat Springs, CO
General Summary: The Project Engineer is a Professional Engineer with progressive experience. Performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to the project. Project Engineers are involved in the design and permitting of private land development and public infrastructure projects. Site development including road design, grading, stormwater design, infrastructure engineering, transportation engineering, or related areas of site development. Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of sciences and disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work result from progressive experience. Consult with supervisor concerning unusual problems and developments
- Embrace and demonstrate the Company’s purpose and values.
- Have ownership of the work you do.
- Develop full-scale project plans including a variety of site plans, plan and profile drawings, grading
plans, utility plans, and roadway plans.
- Track project milestones and deliverables with the project manager. Following and meeting
project goals, budgets, and schedules.
- Develop and prepare drainage reports.
- Perform technical tasks to complete a project and lead other internal staff on technical execution
of project design and deliverables.
- Perform design functions on complex projects that require advanced levels of engineering
knowledge and experience.
- Adhere to company QA/QC processes. Conduct QA/QC review of project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with other project team members to coordinate and direct the efficient
completion of projects.
- Prepares plans, specifications, reports, construction schedules, permits, and designs for projects.
- Responsible for addressing internal and external plan review comments.
- Prepares design calculations and computations and quantity estimates.
Salary Range $90,000.00 – $120,000.00
- Advanced knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Experience using HEC-RAS, water/sewer modelling Is desired but not required.
- Experience with Infraworks modelling is desired but not required.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Travel to Steamboat Springs office one or two times per month as needed.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- PE required.
- Work experience should include at least 8-15 years as a project engineer.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair
employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual
expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone
feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand, or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors, and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand, or stoop. Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. Regularly drive a field truck/vehicle and occasionally operate a rugged off-terrain vehicle. Exposure to normal and standard construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field observations.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.