Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified project engineer to work in our Denver, CO office.
Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO
General Summary: Project engineers are involved in the design and permitting for land development, transportation, and water/wastewater projects. Site development including, road design, grading, and stormwater design, infrastructure engineering, transportation engineering, or related areas of site development. Duties will include field inspection of work quality, materials, and workmanship used on a variety of public works, construction projects, ensuring conformance with approved plans, specifications, and contract documents, maintaining records, preparation of project inspection reports, and may also include oversight and assignment of other inspection personnel.
- Responsible for addressing internal and external plan review comments.
- Prepare a variety of site plans, plan and profile drawings, grading plans, utility plans, and roadway plans.
- Work on AutoCAD Civil3D, site grading, drainage, and utility design.
- Preparation of drainage reports, engineer’s cost estimates, bid schedules, and project specifications.
- Following and meeting project goals, budgets, and schedules.
- Collaborate with internal and external design team members.
- Perform site visits and conduct construction observation to ensure quality control and contract compliance for roadway, structure, and other infrastructure construction projects of moderate to considerable complexity.
- Be able to recognize basic construction or engineering problems; recommend changes to construction plans to meet field conditions.
- Frequent external contact with contractor personnel to schedule and coordinate project inspection and resolve problems.
- Deliver and pick up plans to and from clients and municipal entities.
- Preparing comment response letters and binding reports.
- Plan reproduction and assembly.
- 3 to 5 years of Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and ability to work remotely and communicate as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
- Valid driver’s license.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering required
- EIT license or PE required
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. Regularly drive a field truck/vehicle and occasionally operate a rugged off terrain vehicle. Exposure to normal and standard construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field observations.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.