Job Opening in Golden or Loveland
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified associate planner to work in our Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Principal Planner or Senior Planner
Reports To: Planning Director
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Golden or Loveland, CO
General Summary: Senior planners work with clients in the private land development sector to prepare
and coordinate land development applications and/or public municipal agencies on development review
and other planning projects. They provide a wide range of planning services related to land
entitlements, representation and coordination of projects, and land development.
Essential Functions and Skills:
• Project management
• Pre-Application Submittals and Meetings
• Rezoning Applications
• PUD Applications
• Subdivisions Applications
• Site Plan Applications
• Special Use Permit Applications
• Entitlement Documents
• Public Hearing Presentations
• Neighborhood Meeting Presentations
• Preparation of Memos, Letters, Reports
• Preparation of Plans, Graphics, and Regulations
• Microsoft Office
Other Functions and Skills:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Business Development and Sales
$75,000 – $95,000
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication/presentation skills.
• Ability to assist the Director with managerial tasks and mentoring all staff.
• Uses critical thinking to effectively solve problems.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have ability to recognize and
prioritize direction and tasks from many different people.
• Demonstrates considerable understanding of land use codes and their implementation
Education or Formal Training:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, or closely related field is
required. AICP or PLA is preferred.
• Six or more years of experience in a municipal planning department or division, or equivalent
private sector position, is required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or
hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard
computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are
regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information
and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and
interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on
multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers,
inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift
objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing
up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down
steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May
regularly drive a company vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.