Job Opening in Golden
Position Title: Natural Resources Specialist
Reports To: Environmental Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Golden, Colorado
Baseline is looking for a natural resource specialist to join our growing Environmental Division. The successful candidate will be an energetic, flexible team player with mid to senior-level experience. The position will be based in our Golden, Colorado office. Natural Resources projects will generally be located along the Front Range from Ft Collins to Colorado Springs, and projects are expected to be within the transportation, infrastructure, and other development sectors.
The successful candidate will have an established and successful history in business development; leading NEPA and related projects; and project management experience including but not limited to developing proposals and cost estimates, executing project tasks, managing project budgets and schedules, client
development, and mentoring staff. Candidates must have experience with threatened and endangered species, habitat surveys, vegetation and noxious weeds, migratory birds and raptors, wetlands delineation, performing and/or leading field surveys, Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, Categorical Exclusions, pre-NEPA screenings, and applicable regulations.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas and with the regulatory requirements and processes of the following agencies: National Environmental Policy Act, State, and Local Environmental and Land Use Permitting, Facility Siting /Routing, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, U.S.
Forest Service, State Wildlife Agencies, Federal and state historic preservation agencies, Colorado Department of Transportation.
• Embrace and demonstrate the Company’s purpose and values
• Have ownership of the work you do
• Serve as the technical lead on NEPA and other natural resources projects through all stages of the project lifecycle.
• Use and proper care of field instrumentation
• Natural resources project/task management
• Work collaboratively with business development, marketing, and other technical disciplines in support of project pursuit and execution
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable environmental discipline (e.g., environmental science, biology, environmental planning, environmental engineering). Master’s degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of NEPA experience and the ability to lead NEPA projects from proposal through the successful completion of the project
• Experience with the CWA Sections 401 and 404 clearance and permitting required, experience with the NHPA is a plus
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders including the project team, clients, government/regulatory authority.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and writing skills.
• Experience with the resources and regulatory agencies in Colorado is a requirement.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
$100,000 – $120,000
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment
procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our
workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the
opportunity to contribute
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand, or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff, and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline Engineering Corporation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.