Marketing Coordinator – Golden, CO
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified Marketing Coordinator to work in Golden, Colorado.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Golden, Colorado
The Marketing Coordinator wears many hats and works under general supervision and reports directly to the Marketing Director. Main duties include coordinating, writing, and editing proposals and qualification documents, as well as writing content for social media and the company website and providing public information support for transportation clients. Performs all aspects of supporting and preparing proposals and qualifications documents, including leading proposal efforts. All other duties as assigned. Ability to react quickly in a rapidly changing environment working effectively with a broad range of people and deadlines.
• Embrace and demonstrate the company’s purpose/values with clients.
• Coordinates proposal efforts with supervision.
• Through on-the-job training provided by marketing, business development, and division managers, learns to review specifications and proposal requirements; to develop proposal schedule, provides support at proposal kickoff meetings; to compile existing source materials; to coordinate and/or write resumes, project descriptions, and original material where needed; to conduct interviews with technical staff to supplement qualifications, and to comply with process procedures.
• Provides editing which includes checking for spelling and clarity of prose; checking the table of contents against the actual text, page numbers, and figure/table titles; checking references and cross-references, numeric and lettered sequences, acronyms, and abbreviations. Coordinates final production and delivery.
• May coordinate subcontractors, serving as the primary source for proposal team information (e.g., RFP documents, schedule, team contact information, latest proposal drafts), managing files (including version control), researching corporate databases for examples of qualifications, collecting data for personnel and corporate qualifications, manages reproduction and supports the Marketing Director.
• Coordinates with Marketing Director to develop compliant proposal templates and graphics as well as covers and any other printed material required. Reviews and proofreads these materials.
• Coordinates production needs and schedules. Assists with production and quality checking of documents.
• Maintains and updates project description repository, master resumes, and project photos.
• Provides social medial content and articles weekly. Updates website content.
• Provides backup support for public information management projects. Updates and maintains the project hotline, voice messages, and email accounts. Updates weekly lane closure reports.
• Drafts press releases, project fliers, website content, and public information plans.
• Attends weekly progress meetings.
• Participates in graphic team meetings and community outreach meetings and events.
• Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
Salary Range: $28.85 to $33.65 per hour
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• 2-3 years of experience in marketing or proposal writing, preferably in an engineering or technical environment who will support the writing and production of proposals for municipal procurements and marketing efforts of the company.
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to work in MS Office Suite and Windows operating systems is required.
• Proficiency in Creative Suite preferred, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
• Ability to write concise, compelling, and compliant text through interviews with subject matter experts. Strong writing skills including an understanding of the elements of style and English grammar. Familiar with AP Style of writing.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – within core group and with internal and external clients. Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and attentive listening skills.
• Ability to speak/write in Spanish is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, English, Marketing, or Communications.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
• We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.