Golden Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified landscape designer to work in our Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Landscape Designer
Reports To: Senior Landscape Architect
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: The landscape designer will assist with schematic designs, planting plans, drafting, graphics, and renderings. Work will cover concept through construction, estimating, and managing a variety of landscape projects from small residential development to large commercial projects. The candidate should be able to communicate design concepts and ideas through hand sketching, graphics, and rendering skills, have a strong attention to detail, have excellent organizational skills, be flexible, and have strong technical skills (construction knowledge). Candidates must be energetic, self-motivated, great communicators, and possess strong leadership qualities.
- Conducts code review to determine applicable landscape regulations and standards
- Participates in landscape design process from concept to final plans
- Drafts landscape plans, specifications, and other necessary information in AutoCAD under the direction of a Landscape Architect
- Contributes to the planning and design of public projects such as subarea plans, streetscapes, parks, and playgrounds
- Coordinates with subcontractors as applicable on irrigation design
- Provides technical assistance and information to clients and staff
- Researches and compiles information on a variety of landscape issues from multiple sources
- Creates graphics using a variety of software applications
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying, and answering the telephone
- May review landscape plans for compliance with county and municipal submittal requirements and checklists
- May assist with land surveying and field observation as needed under direction and training of other staff
- Knowledge of landscape architecture principles and practices, including Colorado plants/landscape and hardscape materials, applications, and construction
- Excellent hand graphic and design skills, and proficiency/speed in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), 3D modeling, and hand drawing, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A passion for creativity, enthusiasm for the profession, and have the ability to think proactively and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
- Ability to review plans and apply ordinance provisions and code to determine compliance
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral, and graphic communication/presentation skills
- Use critical thinking to solve problems and gather relevant information to solve vaguely defined practical problems
- Team player with flexibility and resourcefulness, who thrives in a collaborative environment and able to work independently with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program. Other degrees may be considered if combined with at least two years of directly applicable experience.
- One to three years of experience in a landscape architecture firm, landscape design-build firm, or other equivalent experience.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a company vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.