Job Opening in Golden
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified Environmental Division Manager to work in our Golden office.
Position Title: Environmental Division Manager
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Environmental Division Manager will lead the Baseline’s environmental team by planning, coordinating, and budgeting the environmental activities of the office. The successful candidate will build, develop, and lead a high-performing team of project managers, project engineers, and staff to complete work safely, ahead of schedule, and profitably. Ensure company policies and procedures are implemented and followed at the group level. Lead the conceptual development of profitable projects and oversee the organization, scheduling, and execution of each project. Participate in forecasting labor and
equipment needs for current and future projects.
As Division Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Embrace and demonstrate the Company’s purpose and values.
• Have ownership of the work you do.
• Ensures that the project team clearly understands their roles and responsibilities.
• Coordinates assigned projects are completed according to specifications, budgets, timelines, and staffing needs.
• Balances and prioritizes labor, material, and equipment resources.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for any required coordination and interface that may have an impact on the assigned project.
• Participates in the development of project scope of work, schedules, and cost estimates.
• Regularly communicates with customers/clients to arrange meetings, confirm project schedules,
and discuss any project problems.
• Ensures that customers and/or clients are regularly informed of the status of the project.
• Make sure site safety is at the forefront of each project.
• Regularly communicates with project managers regarding the project’s status and any problems or potential problems.
• Forecasts potential schedule delays and develops alternate plans.
• Mentor junior level staff.
• Manages subcontractors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position may involve performing other duties as required. Specific functions may change from time to time.
• Experience in a highly entrepreneurial environment strongly preferred.
• Proven leadership and successful management practices.
• Computer savvy with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
• Minimal travel required.
• Demonstrates initiative and has the ability to interpret and resolve complex issues.
• Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Experience conducting site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, and installing and optimizing remediation systems.
• Experience as a Project Manager managing all phases of environmental projects.
• Ability to plan, perform, and oversee fieldwork.
• Bachelor’s degree in geology, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental science or other closely related technical degrees.
$130,000 to $140,000
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair
employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual
expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone
feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, citizenship status or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or
hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard
computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly
required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and
documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret
situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple
concurrent tasks; and interact with staff, and other organizations and supervisors, coworkers,
inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline Engineering Corporation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We
prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.