Job Opening in Colorado Springs
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified Division Manager to work in our Colorado Springs office.
Position Title: Division Manager
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Colorado Springs
The Division Manager will lead the Baseline Colorado Springs office by planning, coordinating, and budgeting the engineering activities of the office. The successful candidate will build, develop, and lead a high performing team of project managers and staff to complete work safely, on schedule, and profitably. Ensure company policies and procedures are implemented and followed at the group level. Lead the conceptual development of profitable projects and oversee the organization, scheduling, and execution of each project. Participate in forecasting labor and equipment needs for current and future projects.
• Embrace and demonstrate the company’s purpose and values
• Oversee, review, and draft engineering projects.
• Mentor and provide leadership to staff and develop individual growth plans for each team member.
• Actively participate in the strategic direction of the division as well as the company as a whole.
• Prepare implementation plans to manage projects in compliance with the client needs, contract specifications, our company’s safety program, and appropriate laws and regulations.
• Formulate division specific policies and procedures, oversee all division operations.
• Prepare division resource schedules for projects and prepare reports to management related to project progression.
• Review and analyze division level and project level financial statements, activity reports, safety procedures, and other performance data for division and projects to measure productivity, profitability and to determine areas in need of improvement.
• Work with customers to resolve collection issues.
• Determine staffing requirements for current and future projects and follow the appropriate protocol for new hires through Human Resources.
• Review/manage project schedule and budget to maximize resource utilization and achieve project profitability targets.
• Confer with customers to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and execution problems in order to obtain 100% customer satisfaction.
• Work with Baseline leadership to prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
• Formulate and implement quality control program to detect and resolve problems as the result of schedule delays or emergencies during projects.
Position may involve performing other duties as required. Specific functions may change from time to time.
• The ideal candidate will have a PE in Civil Engineering.
• A willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction.
• Experience in a highly entrepreneurial environment is strongly preferred.
• Proven leadership and successful management practices.
• Construction staking, survey knowledge, and multi-family development is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in the following software: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Office,
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment.
• Travel required.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required:
• Minimum 12 years’ experience with 3 to 5 years of experience in an executive or director level role.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred; PE/LEED certification is desired.
$125,000 to $140,000
Physical Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.