Job Opening in Golden, Loveland, or Colorado Springs
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified controller to work in our Golden, Loveland, or Colorado Springs office.
Position Title: Controller
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Golden, Loveland, or Colorado Springs
Baseline’s purpose is to be an incredible company built by and for our employee owners. We seek out self-motivated/self-disciplined employees that own their work and their future. We have a good foundation of systems, policies and procedures but we are looking to take the next step. Our successful
candidate should be comfortable managing all financial aspects of a professional services firm. We are looking
for someone who can be “in the weeds” but also think and plan at a high level.
Baseline is seeking a full-time controller to provide accurate and timely accounting and financial support to management, board of directors, employee owners and our CPA firm. The candidate will succeed in this position by demonstrating our company’s values. Our values can be demonstrated through
behaviors and habits that display a passion to solve problems, a commitment to excellence, acting with integrity respect and a sense of ownership, and fostering positive relationships and team mentality. The controller will have a high degree of visibility to all aspects of the business.
This position would be primarily in the office for the first year, in order to learn the position and build trust with all stakeholders.
- Embrace and demonstrate company values and display ownership of your work.
- Oversee accounting functions including, routine journal entries and daily transactions, managerial/cost accounting, collections and working with peers to provide support for decision making.
- Direct the month-end close process, planning the close schedule, invoicing, expense processing, bank and investment account reconciliations, a full balance sheet reconciliation, operational analysis (utilization and other metrics), financial statement preparation and budget to actual analysis.
- Become an expert in Unanet A/E ERP software in order to take advantage of the systems capabilities.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain reporting of key operational/financial metrics and budget to actual comparisons.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
- Perform complex analysis such as company-wide utilization and expense, overhead rate, break-even analysis and billing rate review.
- Create, review and update accounting policies for complex issues around contract terms, revenue recognition, leases and subscriptions.
- Quarterly and annual tax reporting to outside tax preparer accounting team to help ensure an accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
- Create and present financial reporting package to leadership team monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Manage one direct report that processes all of Baseline’s financial transactions records the transactions in the system.
- Assist with administration of bonus program, shareholder distribution, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and direct stock ownership plan.
- Participate in decision-making by providing peers or management with analysis of business cases and scenario planning. For example, comparison of health care options based on cost and service level.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required:
• 4-year accounting degree
• 7+ years of meaningful on-the-job accounting experience
• Technical GAAP knowledge
•Project based managerial/cost accounting expertise
•Professional services industry experience
• Expert level Excel skills
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment
procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our
workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the
opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
citizenship status or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new
information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff, and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Baseline Engineering Corporation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.