Colorado Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified senior project manager to work in our Colorado Springs, CO office.
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports To: Business Operations Partner
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
General Summary: The senior project manager will plan, budget, schedule, manage, and design projects from start of design through construction. These projects will be of a larger and/or more complex nature that will challenge and utilize the learned skills and years of experience of the engineer. Involved in the firm’s marketing effort to develop future clients. Functions at a high-level, building technical, management, and/or business development skills. Support and assist in implementing the fir values, vision, and culture. Promotes unity in all working relationships.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior
management and stakeholders. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate
recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Perform technical and administrative tasks to complete project.
- Mentor and coach technicians and/or Project Engineers on all aspects of project completion.
- Demonstrate personnel management skills and experience.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to
take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Has the desire and can demonstrate the ability to lead a department or Division.
- Technical proficiency with AutoCAD and applicable project management software.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments promptly and efficiently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 8-15+ years of experience
- Licensed PE
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Baseline Engineering Corporation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.