Golden/Fort Collins/Colorado Springs, CO Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest-growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services.
Position Title: Civil Engineering Intern
Reports To: Division Manager/Project Manager
FLSA Status: Part-time temporary, Non-exempt
Location: Golden, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, CO
Interns are expected to be quick learners who have the desire to develop real-world, broad Civil Engineering experience. The intern could assist all divisions including engineering, water resources, planning, survey, and environmental, both in the office and in the field.
• Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
• Use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
• Providing support to staff members as needed.
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment and individually.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
•Previous design intern experience
• Pursuing a degree in a service line that Baseline Engineering offers.
• Technical proficiency with AutoCAD and or Civil 3D and applicable project management software.
$21.00 – $25.00
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version. Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand, or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms. While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.