Southern Front Range (Emphasis in Colorado Springs) Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified Business Development Manager to work in the Southern Front Range area of Colorado.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Full-time, Salaried-Exempt
Location: Southern Colorado Front Range (Emphasis in Colorado Springs Area)
The Baseline Business Development Manager will be responsible for profitable
revenue generation from existing and new clients. The Business Development Manager will be organized, passionate, and goal-oriented. The Business Development Manager’s objective will be to sell the services of the company and obtain signed contracts to that effect. The Business Development Manager will possess the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among clients, client project sponsors, and Baseline division and project managers.
• Embrace and demonstrate the company’s purpose/values with clients.
• Support all divisions of the company by generating revenue; responsible for achieving assigned
• Participate in proposal development by identifying client pain points and gaining an understanding
of the project objectives.
• Assist with cost and technical proposal preparation and review.
• Pursue strategic growth opportunities assigned by the leadership team.
• Manage the sales pipeline and prepare reports to demonstrate progress on a monthly basis.
• Continuously update the company’s CRM tool with opportunities and client information.
• Drive the contractual process by presenting company terms early in the client relationship in order
to obtain agreement.
• Assist with project scope/budget/schedule development.
• Participate in business development presentations and marketing activities, present revenue
projections at manager’s meetings in order for division managers to staff appropriately.
• Collaborate with marketing manager on new leads and opportunities.
• Work with corporate office on contractual changes and questions including change orders.
• Demonstrate excellent client relationship skills.
• Work with clients to resolve invoicing and collection issues.
• Possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and pass a background and MVR check.
The position may involve performing other duties as required. Specific functions may change from time to time.
Base salary is $40,000 to $60,000 per year plus commissions. Commissions are based on hitting performance metrics and can range from $30,000 to $80,000 per year.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• The Business Development Manager shall be proficient in the following software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (required).
• Comfortable in a dynamic environment.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required:
• Minimum 10 years experience.
• Experience in the engineering/survey/land planning/land survey fields preferred.
• Experience in the professional services industry is a must.
• Demonstrated ability in external business development is a must.
• Project Management experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills.
• Cosential experience is a plus.
If required to work in the field, work is regularly performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms. Employees will be required to regularly drive a personal or company vehicle.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.