Golden Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified associate planner to work in our Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Associate Planner
Reports To: Planning Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: Associate planners help complete planning, entitlement, permitting, engineering, and development review projects for development clients and also perform development review and other planning work for municipal clients.
- Preparing applications for pre-application, rezoning, PUDs, subdivisions, site plans, special use permits, etc.
- Development review work for municipalities
- Entitlement documents
- AutoCAD, Adobe, & SketchUp abilities
- Preparing and making presentations for land use applications
- Code and regulation research
- Energy regulations
- Data manipulation and calculations
- Memos, letters, reports, and plan preparation, graphics, and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication/presentation skills
- Uses critical thinking to effectively solve problems
- Demonstrates understanding of land use codes and plans
- Must be computer proficient in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Must be familiar with spatial data software, including AutoCAD, GIS, and SketchUp
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, or closely related field is preferred. Unrelated degrees will be considered if combined with at least four years of directly applicable experience. AICP or PLA is preferred.
- Two to four years of experience in municipal planning or community development department, or equivalent private-sector position is required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.