Loveland Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified land survey project manager to work in our Loveland, CO office.
Land Survey Project Manager
Baseline Engineering Corporation – Loveland, CO
General Summary: Survey Project Managers are responsible for planning, conducting, and directing work of one or more projects as well as preparing proposals, managing project schedules.
The ability and knowledge to accurately and efficiently perform the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Well Connect Pipeline Surveys
- Well Head Staking
- Pipeline Route Staking
- Pipeline As-built Surveys
- Construction Staking
- Topographical Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Proficient operation of Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station, to include Trimble Field Software.
- Proficient operation of AutoCad Civil3D 2014.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering plans accurately.
- Maintain Baseline standards in survey notes, point descriptions, and calculations.
- Prepare clear project task documentation when needed.
- Work directly with the client to ensure scope and deadlines are met.
- Provide field documentation to survey crews in anticipation of office needs.
- Give and follow up on directions to survey crews and CAD Techs in office.
- Maintain project files and include all notes, research, and design documents in a folder.
- Assist other departments to complete work on time and under budget, train on TBC, data processing, drafting standards, etc.
- Maintain billable time at 75% or above.
- Manage deliverable deadlines to ensure that a quality product is delivered on time.
- Direct and supervise work of survey crews and CAD Techs in office.
- Prepare or direct preparation of client deliverables, ensure QA/QC process has been completed prior to deliverable going to the next level.
- Maintain high level of standard in survey work orders, control/datum setup. Provide field documentation in anticipation of office support’s needs.
- Communicate to manager relative work load and plan work to attempt to balance work load. Hold existing clients in high regard and be ready to assist in finding solutions.
- After introductory period, grow to be able to gauge relative level of effort for projects, evaluate efficiency of field/office practices, and develop tools and practices for more efficient field/office work.
- Perform survey research, be able to read and write legal descriptions.
- Understand state and local survey rules and standards.
- Make surveying decisions, document rational for training/back up purposes.
- Learn and perform research and other job related tasks.
- Five years of field work experience, three years of CAD experience with a minimum, and general experience dealing directly with clients and managing projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of working effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Experience in working to deadlines and also be able to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities.
- PLS mandatory.
- Post-secondary training in CAD programs is a plus.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a field truck and occasionally operate a rugged off terrain vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD: 3 years
- Surveying: 5 years
- License: PLS
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.