Loveland Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking qualified individuals for a survey instrument operator to work in our Loveland, CO office.
Position Title: Survey Instrument Operator
Reports to: Survey Crew Chief/Project Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Location: Loveland, CO
General Summary: The Instrument Operator is a participating member of the survey crew, proficient in operating
surveying instruments and survey quality G.P.S. equipment for the survey crew. Including but not limited to right-of-way
surveying, cadastral surveying, geodetic surveying, topographic surveying, construction surveying and the establishment
and preservation of county right-of-way monumentation, property corners and control.
- The ability and knowledge to accurately and efficiently support your crew chief to perform the following tasks
including, but not limited to:
- Well Connect Pipeline Surveys
- Well Head Staking
- Pipeline Route Staking
- Pipeline As-built Surveys
- Construction Staking
- Topographical Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Proficient operation of Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station, to include Trimble Field Software.
- Proficient operation of Auto and Digital Level equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering plans accurately.
- Maintain Baseline standards in survey notes, point descriptions, and calculations.
- Provide field documentation in anticipation of PLS’s and/or office support’s needs.
- Receive and follow direction from survey crew chief, survey crew liaison, and project managers.
• Upload and download data daily.
• Make copies of field notes and return project packets.
• Understand Baseline services and standards in order to be the best possible first impression for potential clients.
• Hold existing clients in high regard and be ready to assist in finding solutions.
• Perform other duties as determined by Crew Chief, Project Manager or Division Manager.
$21.00- $26.00/ hour
Equipment and Supply Coordination
• Maintain: survey equipment, vehicles, batteries, and consumables inventory in storage and in vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty proficiently. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS-Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals. Must possess the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS-Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, plane and solid
geometry. Also the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
REASONING ABILITY-Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
Education or Formal Training:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Trig and Algebra
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in
person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field
and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral
communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and
mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly
detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers,
inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing
up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or
equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or
run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a field truck and occasionally operate a
rugged off terrain vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified, protected veterans.