Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest-growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified staff engineer/designer to work in our Steamboat Springs, CO office.
Position Title: Staff Engineer/ Designer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Steamboat Springs
Staff Engineers/Designers are involved in the design and permitting for Land Development, Transportation, Water/Wastewater projects, and Oil and Gas pads. Site development including, road design, grading, stormwater design, infrastructure engineering, transportation engineering, or related areas of site development
• Responsible for addressing internal and external plan review comments.
• Assisting in preparing a variety of site plans, plan and profile drawings, grading plans, utility plans, and roadway plans.
• Work on AutoCAD Civil 3D, site, grading, drainage, and utility design.
• Assisting in preparing drainage reports, engineer’s cost estimates, bid schedules, and project specifications
• Following and meeting project goals, budgets, and schedules
• Collaborate with internal and external design team members
• Site visits and completing observation inspections.
• Be able to recognize basic construction or engineering problems; recommend changes to construction plans to meet field conditions
• Frequent external contact with contractor personnel to schedule and coordinate project inspection and resolve problems
• Preparing comment response letters.
• Plan reproduction and assembly.
• Permit Preparation
• Drainage Analysis and Drainage Design
• AutoTurn Analysis
$67,000 – $75,000
• 2-3 years of civil engineering experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have the ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
• Valid driver’s license
Education or Formal Training:
• Formal CAD training/coursework required.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required,
• EIT license required.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors, and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.