Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Steamboat Springs
Project Managers are mid-level professionals who plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Embrace and demonstrate the Company’s purpose and values.
• Have ownership of the work you do.
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Perform technical and administrative tasks to complete projects.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Maintain client relationships and develop and act on project leads.
$91,000.00-$125,000.00 annual salary
• HEC-RAS modelling and floodplain permitting experience is desired but not required.
• Technical proficiency with AutoCAD and applicable project management software. • Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education or Formal Training:
• Requires a university degree or college diploma in Civil Engineering and/or 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity.
• PE license
• Work experience should include at least four years in a project management related area.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or disability status.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel, or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors, and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.