Golden, CO Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest-growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking an environmental staff engineer to work in our Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Environmental Staff Engineer
Reports To: Environmental Engineering Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: This is an entry-level position that will work on a team to conduct regular tests and investigations to gather data regarding the state of pollutants in the natural environment. Research and identify the key sources of pollution and how it affects a designated environment.
This position requires attention to detail, time management, multi-tasking capability, and a strong work ethic. Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office-related tasks and may include occasional travel. The majority of projects will be within the Denver metro area. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills as well as the ability to interact with clients and regulatory personnel without issue.
- Embrace and demonstrate the Company’s purpose and values
- Have ownership of the work you do
- Soil, groundwater, and air/vapor sampling
- Use and proper care of field instrumentation
- Preparing and writing technical reports, letters, and memoranda
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively
- Interpersonal skills to work with a large variety of clientele and contractors
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working on and around construction sites
- Certified Asbestos Building Inspector credential – or willing to obtain within the first year
- Experience with RCRA and the Colorado Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Working experience conducting Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Thorough understanding of chemistry lab methods and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geosciences, Environmental Science, or related field
- 0-5 years of direct and relevant experience
- Capacity to become registered as a Professional Geologist and/or Engineer
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Preferred Certifications: Asbestos licensure and 40-hr Hazwoper Training
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.