Job Opening in Golden, Loveland, or Colorado Springs
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified CAD Technician to work in our Golden, Loveland, or Colorado Springs office.
Position Title: CAD Technician
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Golden, Loveland, Colorado Springs
CAD Technicians work in support of survey, planning, and engineering staff in preparation of project
deliverables. They may produce technical drawings to serve as a visual guide during construction. Typically using
computer design and drafting software, a CAD tech turns ideas into detailed plans. They are tasked with processing,
producing plans, and exhibits, and coordinating regarding timelines and completion dates.
• Using computer based applications, such as Auto-CAD, the draftsman creates two-and-three dimensional
renderings of the finished projects.
• Establishing base files for projects
• Creating profiles (roadway, utilities, alignments, pipe networks, layouts, and modifications)
• Candidate should have ability to become proficient with grading and ability to use Civil 3D grading tools to
create 3D surfaces.
• Critiques and trains entry-level engineers/CAD operators and possess excellent communication skills
• Address plan revisions and comments, both internal and external.
• Interprets the vision of the design engineer, and translates it into a technical drawing.
• Has ability to cut sheets and set up horizontal alignments and vertical profiles.
• Deliver and pick up plans to clients and municipal entities.
• Prepare comment response letters and binding reports.
• Plan reproduction and assembly.
• $30.00-$37.00/ hour commensurate with experience
• Minimum 3 years of AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
• Experience in the field of Land Development or related field
• Quality control conscience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge of Trig and Algebra
• Self-motivated and proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have the ability to
recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
• Valid Driver’s License
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in
person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field
and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral
communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and
mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly
detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers,
inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.