Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Division: Corporate Location: Denver
General Summary: Project Engineer duties consist of providing engineering design and leading the project team in preparation of construction documents for roadways, storm sewer, grading & erosion control, water distribution, sanitary sewer, site plans, final plats, drainage reports, floodplain studies, water system hydraulic modeling, and other supporting documentation. Must be proficient at generating “redline” plans for the project team as well as AutoCAD generated designs. Must be able to coordinate with CAD technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation. A project engineer must be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment. He or she should be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive to the needs of our clients and be able to communicate with local jurisdictions and consultants
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience in all aspects of residential and commercial land development engineering
- Report and Project Specification Preparation
- Quality Control Review
- Resource Scheduling and Budget Management
- Site visits and inspections & assist in preparing and following project budgets and proposals
- Business Development
- Develop and Maintain Project Schedule
- 5-10 years of civil engineering experience preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have the ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people and multiple projects.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering preferred, formal CAD training/coursework required.
- EIT license or PE required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.