Golden Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified landscape architect to work in our Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Landscape Architect
Reports To: Director of Planning
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: Landscape architect plans and designs development of land areas for projects such as parks, recreational facilities, parkways, schools, land subdivisions, commercial, industrial, and residential sites. Work closely with clients, architects, engineers, planners, and designers and assists with plans for the development of land areas for a variety of projects. Projects will vary in scope.
- Confers with clients, engineering personnel, and planners on overall program or project.
- Compiles and analyzes data on such site conditions as geographic location; soil, vegetation and rock features; drainage; and location of structures for preparation of environmental impact reports and development of site plans and landscaping plans.
- Use CAD and other software to develop plans and graphic representation of projects.
- Prepares site plans, working drawings, specifications, details, and cost estimates for land development, showing ground contours, vegetation, locations of structures, and such facilities as roads, walks, parking areas, fences, walls, and utilities, coordination arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.
- Select/suggest materials based on client desire, budget and climate parameters
- Research and analyze environmental reports on land conditions as needed.
- Inspects construction work in progress to ensure compliance with landscape specifications, to approve quality of materials and work, and to advise client and construction personnel on landscape features.
- Attend public meetings if necessary
- Manage/coordinate efforts of cross-functional teams, being a liaison with other professionals on the project.
- Generate new business opportunities and apply marketing skills to develop clients.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Applicant should have and be able to demonstrate design skills and principles, capable of using a variety of land use codes, excellent writing skills, capable of working with little supervision; should be self-motivated to challenge him/herself to help Baseline continue its growth and positive reputation to be a very well regarded company serving its clients on the plains and in the mountain areas of Colorado.
- Applicant should also have project management skills and ability to work with clients and skills to assist and lead in building the landscape architecture and design functions at Baseline.
- Ability, speed, and precision to work autonomously on design drawings and production of construction documents is required.
- Ability to prepare planting plans, details and specifications for project permit approvals.
- Good communications skills; both written and verbal, to adequately and professional convey ideas and plans.
- Strong analytical and information integration skills.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Must be licensed in Colorado
- 5-7 years of landscape experience
- Proficiency in Sketchup, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and good artistic hand-drawing skills
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch or run on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a company vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.