Steamboat Springs Job Opening
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified staff engineer to work in our Steamboat Springs, CO office.
Position Title: Staff Engineer
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO
General Summary: The staff engineer is involved in site development including: road design, grading and stormwater design, infrastructure engineering, transportation engineering, or related areas.
- Responsible for addressing internal and external plan review comments
- Assisting in preparing a variety of site plans, plan and profile drawings, grading plans, utility plans, and roadway plans
- Work on AutoCAD, site grading, drainage and utility design
- 2-4 years of civil engineering experience preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MS Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include proposal writing and reporting
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people
- Deliver and pick up plans to and from clients and municipal entities
- Preparing comment response letters and binding reports
- Plan reproduction and assembly
- Permit preparation
- Site visits and inspections & assist in preparing and following project budgets and schedules
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering preferred, formal CAD training/coursework required
- EIT license preferred
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.