Golden Office Job Openings
Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest-growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing engineering, surveying, and planning services. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Position Title: Civil Engineering Intern
Reports To: Water/Wastewater Division Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time or Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Golden, CO
General Summary: Summer interns are expected to be quick learners who have a desire to develop real-world, broad civil engineering experience. Interns will assist our water/wastewater, engineering, and planning departments both in the office and the field.
- May be asked to work with other Baseline groups
- Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision
- Use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Assists in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations
- Providing support to engineering and planning staff members as needed
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Willingness to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment and individually
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision
- Occasional field work
- Water/wastewater experience
- Previous design intern experience
- Technical aptitude with AutoCAD and applicable project management software
- Ability to research through records in jurisdiction’s regulations and filing system
- Going into the 2018 fall semester, candidates must be enrolled in at least their junior year within an engineering curriculum
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand, or stoop. The employee is occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Carry equipment up and down steep terrain. Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. May regularly drive a field truck and occasionally operate a rugged off-terrain vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans.