Here we are, growing again! Discover what it means to work at one of Colorado’s fastest growing companies, where progress begins with you. Baseline Engineering Corporation is striving to be the company of choice for employees and customers needing Engineering, Surveying and Planning services. We are currently seeking a qualified Human Resource Generalist to work in the Golden, CO office.
Position Title: Human Resource Generalist
Reports To: COO/CFO
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Department: Administrative/Human Resource
Location: Golden, Co
The Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for the day-to-day human resource functions of the company, which include: employee/labor relations, recruiting/on-boarding, benefits administration, and training. The HR Generalist will ensure that management is able to measure team member morale and engagement while overseeing the employee feedback process. The HR Generalist will assist management with legal compliance, administration of personnel-related policies, and adherence to regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the leadership team by providing input on human resource issues and ensuring compliance to company policy and state and federal laws.
- Guide managers in recruiting, interview, and hiring best practices. Manage recruitment process including job description placement, initial candidate screening, offer letters, reference checks, and engaging staffing partners.
- Understand and be able to communicate the companies’ compensation, benefit, and retirement programs and philosophies.
- Act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding employee relations, company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Onboard new employees, acquaint them with their specific responsibilities, communicate in clear terms what is expected from them as a Baseline employee, and introduce them to the company purpose.
- Provide staff with room for improvement by assisting with Baseline’s continuing education program and assist managers with employee feedback.
- Assist management team in conducting employee assessments and evaluations on a consistent basis.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Use critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have ability to recognize and re-prioritize direction and priorities from many different people.
- Identify principles for utilizing, developing, and conserving human resources.
- Enhance the HR function through technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions based on data and statistics.
- Must be computer proficient in Outlook, Excel, and MS Word.
Education or Formal Training:
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related area. Work experience should include at least three years of HR experience in the field or in a related area.
- Pursuing or obtained PHR (Professional of Human Resources) Certification is preferred.
- Some travel to satellite offices will be necessary (Steamboat Springs, Loveland, Denver).
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; reach with hands and arms.
While working in the office: Typically, sit at a desk or table; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; and interact with staff and other organizations and supervisors, co-workers, inspectors, and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
Salary dependent on experience plus bonus structure.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Baseline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are dedicated to hiring qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified, protected veterans.