Founded in Golden, Colorado in 1998, Baseline Engineering Corporation has become one of the leading planning and engineering firms in the Intermountain West. We initially got our start by providing traditional civil engineering services for new infrastructure and land-use planning in a growing region. Since then, we’ve added expertise in sustainable water and wastewater treatment, public works projects, transportation, utilities, residential, large-facility site design, land surveying and permitting at all levels. We’ve also expanded into Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.
- 2001: Baseline designs all site, utility and surrounding public improvements at the 120,000 square foot Stevinson Toyota facility on 13.5 acres in Lakewood, Colorado.
- 2004: Baseline embarks on upgrading the Town of Red Cliff’s Wastewater Treatment Plant. Red Cliff is the oldest town in Eagle County, Colorado.
- 2005: A native from Costa Rica joins Baseline Engineering. We form the partnership, Baseline Costa Rica S.A. This partnership with local management and U.S. know-how tackles water and wastewater treatment issues. It also gives U.S. community developers a reliable resource.
- 2006: Baseline Engineering opens a branch office in Greeley, Colorado, to meet the demands of a growing area as well as to serve rural and energy clients.
- 2007: Baseline Engineering Costa Rica S.A. provides a complete water and wastewater master plan for a 1,100 acre development, Las Catalinas, in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
- 2008: Baseline Engineering opens a branch office in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, to enhance our mountain presence by serving communities west of the Continental Divide.
- 2009: Baseline Engineering completes final engineering plans and specs for the Town of Red Cliff’s Wastewater Treatment Plant, enabling the Town to receive 2009 Recovery Act Funding.
- 2010: Baseline Engineering prepares design documents for a state-of-the-art roundabout on South Golden Road in Golden, Colorado. This roundabout later became NREL’s Research Road, part of a $4 million transportation project. Baseline’s work received industry recognition from Engineering News-Record Mountain States.
- 2011: Baseline Engineering completes final engineering plans and specs for the City of Benkelman’s Arsenic and Uranium Water Treatment Plant in Nebraska.
- 2012: Baseline Engineering opens a branch office in Williston, North Dakota, to meet the needs of a fast growing region.
- 2014: Baseline Engineering is a Top 50 Finalist in the Denver Business Journal’s Fastest-growing Private Companies and is the highest-ranking, Colorado-based firm to make the Hot Firm List, an exclusive ranking of the top 100 fastest-growing architecture, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firms in the United States and Canada. Baseline converts the City of Golden’s historic St. James Lutheran Church into its headquarters and opens a regional office in Bismarck, North Dakota.
- 2015: Baseline Engineering makes the Denver Business Journal’s Fastest-growing Private Companies and Hot Firm List for the second consecutive year.
Since our firm’s beginnings, we have pioneered new ways of treating water and wastewater and have provided excellence in land planning and engineering while setting a high standard for customer service. We look forward to continuing these commitments.